Effective planning requires detailed information on human activities in ocean areas, such as commercial fishing, shipping, and boating. It also requires information about the ocean ecosystem, such as areas used by marine mammals, fish, and birds.
This page provides links to information about regional projects to gather this needed information. These projects are collaborative efforts that include scientists, fishermen, boaters, and environmental groups, as well as leaders in the shipping, aquaculture, and energy industries. This approach helps ensure that people who depend on the ocean are involved in ocean planning. The Northeast Regional Ocean Council, particularly its Ocean Planning Committee, has been an important resource for and contributor to the Northeast RPB’s work. Links to efforts to improve coordination among regulatory agencies and implementation of existing authorities are also provided.
Recent Documents and Updates
- Marine life work group call summaries and materials are now available!
- June 2015 RPB Meeting Materials now available!
- Marine Life Assessment Inventory–Draft for Workshop (PDF) (58pp, 716k)
- Baseline Assessment Factsheet (PDF) (1p, 146k)
- Party/Charter Mapping Factsheet (PDF) (1p, 145k)
- EBM Working Group Terms of Reference (3pp, 300k)
- 2015 Energy Sector Update (PDF) (9pp, 324K)